Internet has conquered the world in the last few decades. Its influence is inevitable even in day-to-day life. Online marketing strategies have been growing and adapting at a rapid rate. If you own a website then having a server is mandatory. Usually people first chose shared hosting services, as it is economical. In the starting stages of any company, having a shared server is fine as there will be not so much traffic. But when time changes if the business is growing, then we are forced to change to a better hosting service that is the “dedicated hosting”. There is a question that many will ask: “Are there only two types of hosting available? I have moderate traffic in my website so I want to move to a dedicated server but my economic conditions do not allow me. What should I do? The answer is no, there are not only 2 types of hosting services. If you want to move on to a better hosting service without wasting much money then the “VPS hosting” or the virtual private hosting is the best option for you . Virtual private hosting also known as virtual dedicate server or dynamic dedicated server is a popular type of web hosting.
Virtual private hosting is a type of server, which is divided into a number of sections. These sections are such that they can act as separate servers for the users. Users enjoy almost all privileges that they get from a dedicated hosting with a reduced cost. These sections or partitions are independent of other partitions and the risk of loss of data is reduced. The server can be configured independently without considering others. Ram, disc space or even the operating system can be configured in the way, which most suits the user.
Reasons to choose VPS hosting:
• Webmaster gets a hosting service which is flexible and convenient. He can use and configure according to his wish.
• VPS has a provision that facilitates the user to choose the operating system. This is of great advantage for webmasters as they can choose the operating system which suits their website.
• The user can install any number of software in their chosen operating system.
• Virtual private service enables the user to have access to the root level of the hosting service.
• VPS will help the user to host a number of hosting services effectively.
• A VPS account will be isolated from other websites so the chance of data sinking or spamming is reduced. The security offered by a VPS system is much more than offered by a shared system. By paying less we are having security almost equal to a dedicated server.
From all these facts it is clear that VPS hosting is undoubtedly one of the best hosting services.