Business is not just a way to earn our livelihood, it is an art, and if done with passion will help us to reach greater heights. Bill Gates is one of the world’s best entrepreneurs, he once said “if you are born poor it’s not your mistake but if you die poor it is your mistake “- that was his attitude. If you are a businessman and you are still stuck with your small business… my dear friend it’s time to change, to grow. Local business simply means a business concentrated in a small geographical area say a town or city. Hotels, small shops, beauty parlors are some examples. Almost Every middle class person who runs a local business thinks the same “my customers are the ones whom I know so I don’t want global coverage or something as my hotel is located Delhi, even if some guy from Paris or Rio de Janeiro looks about my hotel what is my benefit”. The first thing is online promotion is not just making a website and leave it over there. There are many misconceptions among people about “online marketing “. Now, let us take a look of some of the online marketing strategies used for the promotion of local businesses:
1. Properly maintained website – Just making a website is not only required. It has to be designed such that it attracts the users and give a clear idea about the products your company sells or the services your company offers. There should be proper information about the company, photos, if possible videos explaining the products or services.
2. Search engine optimization- Making and maintaining a proper website is just the first step. The next step is to make it available to the user when he/she searches in the search engines. SEO simply means some techniques to increase the page rank of your websites in search engine results. There are many companies offering SEO, you just have to get a decent deal from them.
3. Social media marketing – social networking sites are in a boom now days. People spend hours in front of them, so if advertisements are given through social media sites, it will be more effective. In Facebook, there is an option of making “pages” just create one page for your company and tell your friends to “like” it.
4. Pay-per-click advertisements – PPC means displaying your advertisements in popular websites and search engine results. You just have to pay when people click your advertisement and reach your site.
5. Yellow pages and Business directories – List your website in local yellow pages and business directories. These yellow page contents are displayed in a local search result so the chance is more that a local customer visits your website.
6. Google places – add your shop’s location to Google places so that when a customer searches with place your shop will be shown in result.
7. Direct emails – Sending a direct email to customers will always ensure trust.