VPS hosting is said to be one of the most economical and effective methods of internet hosting techniques. VPS hosting means the Virtual Private Server hosting also known as the dynamic hosting VPS hosting offers the user an economic hosting service that is consistent. The VPS hosting offers us a dedicated server, which is having a unique IP address. This will help to increase the security, as there is a dedicated email server that will reduce the chances of spam blacklisting. VPS hosting technique offers many more advantages. Like any other service there are a few disadvantages too. Let us now take a look at the various advantages and disadvantages of VPS hosting.
Advantages of VPS Hosting:
• In VPS hosting the user will get a partition and he will have the authority of configuring his server and instaling other software.
• Each VPS can be individually rebooted.
• VPS generally uses Linux- based operating systems. Linux-based operating systems are more stable and secure than the Windows-based operating systems.
• Each VPS server is isolated from others so the risk of data sinking or spamming will not be there. VPS offers much more security than others.
• VPS is much more stable and offers a consistent service than the shared hosting.
• Users can manage multiple websites effectively by using VPS hosting.
• Each VPS has its own operating system, the user can configure the operating system and install the desired software in it.
• Virtual private server allows Root level access of the web server. By this, the webmaster will have more power.
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting:
• The users should be technically proficient for using VPS hosting. The applications used and the allotment of resources should be in such a way that it helps in the smooth working of the website.
• The hardware configurations of the VPS are limited as the main server is partitioned and is used by many users. The VPS will have a limited disc space, Random Access Memory (RAM) and central processing time.
• The VPS supports many applications such as chatting softwares , e-commerce forums and other social media widgets so there is a chance that the traffic is high. The webmasters should take care to ensure that these applications will not affect smooth working of the website.
By observing the advantages and disadvantages of the VSP hosting, we can understand that VSP hosting is far better than the shared hosting service. People usually start with a shared hosting service and then migrate to a better hosting service such as the dedicated hosting with the increase in traffic. If you want to migrate from the shared hosting to a better service then the VPS hosting is one of the best options available.